Start - Careers and further education training website
Start is a free, online careers platform designed to connect 11-18 year olds with their future career
potential. It combines the most comprehensive source of information with a personalised experience
and career planning tools, helping our students to make more informed decisions about their future
study and career options, as well as developing their employability.
- A student profile: students build their profile and access personalised study and career information.
- Modules: activities to guide students through the information on Start at the right time.
- Up to date information: engaging content on what to study, where to learn and the world of work.
- Locker: an online record of achievement to evidence skills for future applications and CVs.
- Employability action plan: Students can set goals and stay in control of their career planning.
Bring Start to life using this Start Overview Film.
Clink here to link straight to the film: https://youtu.be/0Z9tc3ZtraA
How can Start help me to reach the Gatsby benchmarks?
Start is designed to underpin the school's career programme as a resource accessed regularly by students from Year 7 to 13.
The information detailed below summarises how it can do that.
How is the Impact of our Careers Programme Measured?
At Hope High School, we believe that good career guidance is critical if young people are to raise their aspirations and capitalise on the opportunities available to them. Every young person needs high-quality career guidance to make informed decisions about their future. At Hope High School this starts in year 7 and continues throughout the school.
When monitoring the success of the careers programme, the school considers formal and informal measures, qualitative and quantitative data and hard and soft outcomes for students. The careers programme is evaluated in a number of ways, including:
Our Careers Provision is monitored and evaluated using the following measures:
- Intended Destinations data and September Guarantee data – reported back to Lancashire County Council – This evidences what our students intend to do after year 11 and secured places at the start of the following academic year.
- Student/Parent/Staff voice
- Cross-curricular attainment
- Self-Evaluating tool – to show how our Careers Education aligns with the Gatsby benchmarks.
- Pupil personal and social development - Education, Health and Care Plan Annual Reviews
Below is a link to the Start Website Login Page
All pupils have their own individual login for Start. If your child is unsure of their login details please contact the school.