Choosing the right school for your child is one of the biggest decisions as a parent or carer; the right school will help shape their future and prepare them for the working world. If Hope High School has been recommended by the local authority Special Educational Needs (SEN) team, please contact the school directly to arrange a visit. The best way to understand how our school operates on a daily basis is to come and have a guided tour.
The process for potential new pupils:
· The pupil must have an Education, Health and Care Plan/ statement of Special Educational Needs which identifies Social, emotional and Mental Health needs.
· The Local Authority must identify Hope High as a suitable school for placement.
· Information is shared to the Head Teacher, prior to visit, who will discuss the placement with the Senior Leadership team.
· If the Head Teacher decides a place may be available, the pupil may come for a visit and if all agree, the pupil will complete taster days in school.
· Following the taster days, a decision will be made whether a place will be offered or not.
· The Local Authority will inform parents/ carers of the outcome of any decisions.
In the event of over subscription, the Local Authority will determine if an additional place is commissioned at Hope High School or if a place at an alternative school will be offered.
For more information please read Hope High School admissions policy.
Follow the link to Lancashire Inclusion Team